The word “technology” is always a bang in our complex world. Every day something is launched with a new concept and that means restoration is going at the core too much. Have you ever thought what impact this changes has made to the system and the educational sector? Most importantly, at least some kind of amateur upgrading is making the system complex and so brittle at the center. On the other side technology keeps alive the competitiveness for making everything connected and accessible with single touch.
Traditional education system must change
Today we know more than 50 % of the students end up with a job that has nothing to do with the education system they followed. Ultimately, the fault is no ones and mainly because the kind of jobs today is getting updated with technology, new elements throughout. Anyhow some kind of measures must be taken to minimize this skill gap which can be a great threat to our future economy.
Computer skills has become the basic sign of education
We know how come our employment zone has changed so far and the perspective of the people too. Now, jobs that do not demand computer skills are very less. It has been found that making the students exposed to coding at a very young age can develop their interest towards the domain. Apart from that this can change the apprehensions towards a new concept.
But till now no bigger steps have been taken in a wider perspective and the below points claims that:
- The schools that still insists computer education as major part of their curriculum is less than 50%
- So based on the above point we can confirm that still 50 % of the schools does not teach their students computer science.
- The jobs in the domain is growing day by day, but unfortunately the percentage of the educated ones on the domain is still very less.
- Another thing is even the qualified grads find it difficult to manage their computer tasks good enough because of the lack of basic training or skill gap.
- So now even with lots of employment opportunities in the sector the difficulty of finding the skilled candidates is very difficult.
In short a good curriculum for the school education can be considered as the best solution for better candidates. Again over stressing too much in developing computer skills must not be the real intention. But a good mixture of educational value can bring better effect for the future.
How to manage the challenges of skill gap?
Let us accept that we are under the pressure of ever-changing technology and navigating along with the change obviously demand a perfect skills set. Let us learn the limitations in that:
- One of the greatest challenges is high tuition fees and student debt that is negatively impacting the economic status of the country. Unfortunately, students are not trained for the jobs and end up doing some extra courses for developing their job skills.
- The education system must be changed completely. That is now equal access to education is not there. It depends on financial background, gender, geographical location, gender etc. This condition must be changed. Anyhow at least in small scale effort has been already started. Interactive education or online learning is the best example of that. This gives a personalized tone to the education system and can work as the best thing for minimizing the skill gap.
- So as we accept that inequality is the major contributor of the skill gap a remedy should be integrated to the existing educational system. It has been found that alternative system is the best idea in this scenario. This wipes away all the limitation of the existing system and thus gives a refreshed platform for every student. Ultimately, it wipes away the geographical as well as resource limits for accessing a patterned education style.
So this is the way we should consciously introduce elaborated educational pattern to our society. It builds an attitude towards breaking the entry to innovative and adventurous educational system. Moreover this could reduce the skill gap commonly faced by the corporate world. So put up efforts to build an educational system that can contribute a better generation.